Sunday, September 14, 2008

FROM AMR'S DT COORDINATOR'S BLOG,


I COPIED THIS FROM HEATHER'S BLOG....  I THOUGHT SHE SAID THIS VERY WELL AND THAT ALOT OF US ALSO FEEL THIS WAY.... (Hope you don't mind, heather... You have a way with words that I don't....


SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2008


A heavy Heart

It is hard to post another blog entry above the last one. I am sad. You see friends online are just as valuable as friends IRL maybe even more so. They are real friends, just because we haven't met them doesn't mean we care any less about them. To each of you who stop by and comment (or not), know that I value our friendship dearly. You are important in my life and each of your blogs lift my spirits everyday and visiting them is as much a part of my day as eating. I look forward to catching up with you and seeing your avatars and hearing about your day. With blogspot I can't always email you back but if I know you already I try to stop by your blog in return or drop you an email. For others feel free to send me your email and I will reply. Aleida's sudden death has really created a shift in me right now, I am reevaluating some things and pondering my life a bit closer. That girl touched me and I will miss her cheerfulness and openness in this world. If you are the praying kind, please say one for her family, they are hurting so deep right now. Hold fast to the ones you love and take care of yourself.

In Rememberance

Of a totally wonderful person that I never met.


It brings me great sadness to tell you all that our dear blogland friend Aleida Franklin was involved in a tragic car accident and has passed away. This was taken from the Studio Calico board where she was a valued member...

Our hearts are saddened today at the loss of Aleida Franklin (ricanlaw). On her way to work this morning, she was involved in a car accident that took her life immediately. She has been a dear friend to Studio Calico for the past year, being involved in circle journals, and practically every conversation on these boards. To say she will be missed is an understatement.
It's difficult to understand why this happened, but at the same time it makes me thankful that I "knew" her for a brief time. Her lively personality and "feistiness" have made us smile, and even laugh out loud just reading our computer screens. This is an amazingly supportive community and I'm glad she was a part of it.
Her designs will continue to be here if you'd like to see them to remind us of what a beautiful person she was and the memories she scrapped will certainly live on in her absence. I believe Aleida's legacy will live on and this post on her blog is witness to that.
Certainly you are thinking as I am that there must be something you can do. I have spoken with her family and arrangements will be made early next week. As soon as I know the details, I will post a thread, but in the meantime, I would like to send cards to her family to let them know how much she meant to us.
Please mail all cards to:
The Franklin Family
c/o Studio Calico
513 East 10th Ave
Bowling Green, KY 42103


I loved Aleida's work and she was so kind and encouraging always. I will miss her. She was a beautiful loving mother and wife to an amazing family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to know you Patti :)