Monday, September 8, 2008

Joanna Campbell Slan's LO

Joanna sent me a LO that she did so everyone could see her style....Here's what Joanna said on the day she was my guest.  She talks about her style at the end....:

Hi, Everyone--

I've been scrapbooking (the way we know it) since 1996, and my first "how to" book came out in 1998. It's called Scrapbook Storytelling.

How much do I get to scrapbook? Never enough! I did get to make a small scrapbook during our last family vacation. I love the small projects because they're so "do-able" and you have such a sense of satisfaction.

Now, why did I write a scrapbooking mystery? Well, I knew I wanted to write a novel (that word sounds so lofty!), but I wasn't sure about what. I was sitting with my friend Emilie Richards and she passed me a note (we were in a conference and supposed to be PAYING attention to the poor speaker), and on it she wrote, "Why not write a mystery about a scrapbooker?

My style....hmmmm.

I'm eclectic. I run a contest for scrapbookers in England. It's called "The Best of British Scrapbooking" and from the UK scrappers I've learned to be a lot less...fussy, I guess you'd say. They are much more free-wheeling than we are. And I'm a big customization person. I like my stuff to really be One-of-a-Kind.

Here's where you can buy her book, Paper, Scissors, Death (a scrapbooking murder mystery)  And Joanna's web site is JOANNA CAMPBELL SLAN

No comments: