Saturday, November 2, 2013

White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas


2 sml. or 1 large can cream chicken soup {bottom of page}
sour cream
diced black olives {med. can}
sliced olives
diced green chiles, mild {med. can}
milk or water will work 
3-4 lrg. can chicken {like tuna}  You can use real chicken too but I’m lazy
Grated Mexican Cheese
corn tortillas
pam
-------------------
I used to roll them into enchiladas but found it was easier to just layer it.
Mix the cream chicken soup, olives & green chiles with a couple big spoons of sour cream.  Add enough milk or water to make a stew consistancy. Set aside.  {This will be added between each layer and to the bottom/top
Open can chicken and drain.  Break up onto paper plate
Add cheese to a paper plate
--------------------
Ready:  
Spray a 13x9 size baking dish with spam.  Add cream chicken soup mixture to bottom of baking dish.  Take some corn tortillas and break into 4 pieces.  Layer on bottom until its covered.  Spread sauce over top of tortillas.  Add chicken, then cheese.  I add a little bit of sauce to this, small spoonfuls over layers.   Then just repeat until you run out of supplies or room.  You should get at least 3 layers that are filled in.  Spread sauce on top, add cheese and some sliced olives.
I buy the large can cream chicken mostly so I have extra to add to a couple pieces of chicken in a couple days in the oven.  You will have extra left over.  
 The 2 sml. cans-I use one can and have the extra incase I think I might need to make more of the sauce.
You will found you either like them on the dry side or the moist side.  It ends up being personal preference.

No comments: