I've read on forums or on blogs that you should save your original photo prints, put them in a fire safe deposit box, home fire safe or even at someone's house. You should use copies of your original prints when scrapbooking..
I have a problem with this theory. First of all, I really don't have the space to store boxes of photos. Old or new.. I barely have room for the albums I scrap. Second, no one looks at the older photos because their tucked away in a box and stored where you forget about them.. So I usually scrap the original old photos of past relatives... Especially since I'm the only one in the family on my side that scraps. Besides, they'll be preserved in my albums. And new photos, I have 20 thousand on my imac and manage to copy them to dvd. {no ehd yet} So theirs no way I could keep that many original prints.
I use my original photos that I've found in my Mom's stored boxes after she passed.. She had them in an outside storage area and I'm really surprised they survived at all. I haven't seen most of the photos before and some were of when we were younger.
What do you do with your older photos? Store them in albums, boxes, CD, DVD or EHD or scrap them?
I have a problem with this theory. First of all, I really don't have the space to store boxes of photos. Old or new.. I barely have room for the albums I scrap. Second, no one looks at the older photos because their tucked away in a box and stored where you forget about them.. So I usually scrap the original old photos of past relatives... Especially since I'm the only one in the family on my side that scraps. Besides, they'll be preserved in my albums. And new photos, I have 20 thousand on my imac and manage to copy them to dvd. {no ehd yet} So theirs no way I could keep that many original prints.
I use my original photos that I've found in my Mom's stored boxes after she passed.. She had them in an outside storage area and I'm really surprised they survived at all. I haven't seen most of the photos before and some were of when we were younger.
What do you do with your older photos? Store them in albums, boxes, CD, DVD or EHD or scrap them?
No comments:
Post a Comment